Origins Award for Best Roleplaying Supplement of 1991
Written by Steve Jackson and John M. Ford
Edited by Loyd Blankenship
Cover art by John Zeleznik
Illustrated by Ben Anglin, Guy Burwell, and Dan Smith
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
128 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $22.95
Stock number 01-6059
Available Now at – Amazon
Suggested Retail Price $9.95
Stock number 6020
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Anything Can Happen!
GURPS Time Travel is the complete guide to dimension-hopping adventure. Now GURPS players can tie all their campaigns together . . . adventuring across time, or in parallel universes, to visit every GURPS worldbook ever published.
Winner of the 1991 Origins Award for Best Roleplaying Supplement, this book is a collaboration between two previous winners – Steve Jackson (Illuminati, Car Wars, GURPS) and John M. Ford (Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues).
GURPS Time Travel includes:
- A survey of time and dimension travel as presented in fiction – and current scientific thought. Travel by time machine, by dimension gate, even by powers of the mind!
- Six complete campaign backgrounds (and several mini-backgrounds) for travel through time or parallel worlds, or both! Each has its own rules for characters, travel, and paradoxes.
- A detailed discussion of the paradoxes you should consider in creating your own time-travel campaign. Is meddling with history easy? Impossible? Or just a Very Bad Idea?
- Parallel worlds . . . "what if" dimensions where something or everything, is different.
- A timeline of interesting dates in our own world's history . . . as places for time travelers to visit, or as "branch points" for parallel-world campaigns.
With this book, the GURPS system reaches its full potential for universal adventure. Any time, any place, any world, any genre. Anything can happen!
Looking for a Fourth Edition treatment of this topic? GURPS Infinite Worlds replaces this book, but focuses primarily on the setting from Chapter 7 of Time Travel.
- GURPS Infinite Worlds – The good news is, there are other Earths. Maybe an infinite number. The bad news is, somebody out there doesn't like us.
- GURPS Timeline – All of human history – from the Big Bang to Operation Desert Storm – in a convenient, easy-to-use chronology.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!